Remember that game you always used to play in elementary school? And middle school? And high school? And at college orientation? You know, the one where you’re forced to choose the items you’d want to have in your posession should you find yourself stranded on a desert island? Yeah, that game.
While stranded in the office one afternoon with nothing but my thoughts, I got thinking. Here’s my list in no particular order.
1) A solar powered Kindle - If they can make a solar powered car, they can make a solar powered Kindle. I don’t own a Kindle and don’t intend on purchasing one because I’m a traditionalist when it comes to books (what can I say, I like the way they smell). But on a desert island, I’ll want unlimited access to books.
2) A vat of sunscreen - I’ve only experienced a real sunburn once in my life, but once was more than enough. I’d like to keep my complexion olive, thank you very much.
3) Dexter John, my beloved iPod - Let’s face it, even shellfish wouldn’t be able to stand the fact that I’m tone deaf. Best to leave the musical entertainment to the professionals.
4) Smith’s Rosebud Salve - Salvation for my lips.
5) Bocce Ball - For the elderly Italian man in me.
6) A pair of flip flops - Sometimes the sun warms the sand a little too much. Sometimes it hurts the bottom of my feet.
7) Nutella - It makes everything taste magnificent.
8) A bathing suit - It’s practical.
9) Orange soda - Who loves orange soda? Allison loves orange soda. Is it true? Mmhmm.
10) A photo album - Because sometimes I like to look back.